God's Special Qualities...
People are known for doing different things. There may be a boy in your class who is known for being the fastest runner, or there might be one girl in your class who is known for making the best grades. Each person has some traits that separate him or her from all other people. God is like that, too. He has many special qualities that separate Him from every other being in the Universe. Here is a challenging list of just a few of those traits. Learning the traits of God can help us build a closer relationship with Him. (Note that the prefix “omni” means “all.”)
• God is omniscient (om-NISH-ent), or all knowing (1 John 3:20).
• God is omnipotent (om-NIP-uh-tent), or all powerful (Genesis 17:1).
• God is omnipresent (om-nee-PREZ-ent), or all present, meaning that He is everywhere at the same time (Psalm 139:7-10).
• God is omnibenevolent (om-nee-be-NEV-uh-lent), or all loving (1 John 4:8,16).
• God is just and righteous (Psalm 99:4).
• God is merciful (Exodus 34:6).